PDA

View Full Version : Post Suggestions in this thread for ideas to improve this software

PeterDrew
10-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Though I'd create a new thread here,

To keep all the new ideas in one place and not somewhere in the middle of the other threads.

Got Ideas to improve the software?

Drop them here..

it works like this

If we can do it and it makes sense to us dev wise and time wise

We'll put it on our list of things to do in future updates.

If I say we can't do it, we won't and I won't go into reasons why ok.
My time is limited and I don't want to get into debates about features with non devs etc :)

We've got some new stuff coming shortly, which I think you'll lose.

Cheers
pete

PeterDrew
10-10-2019, 03:37 PM
First Update coming your way shortly :)

Need I say anything else? :)

http://www.peterdrew.net/images/gis/YOuTubeEmbeds1.jpg

Note: Second video embed title?

Title Goes Here

I put that in the software as a test.. meaning, you can put any keyword phrases you like as the title of the Embed on your Google Site :)

You can put one or as many embeds in the google sites

see this new site here

sites.google.com/site/wejustaddedy0utubeembedsg2s7

Imsuebrown
10-12-2019, 02:44 AM
Hi Pete,

My suggestion is to be able to add images if it can't do that already.
Thanks!!

CharlieB
10-12-2019, 10:28 PM
Peter, are you thinking about adding any ability to stack other Clouds such as Amazon S3 or Microsoft Azure, or sites like Wordpress.com or Blogger to this software?

PeterDrew
10-12-2019, 11:36 PM
Peter, are you thinking about adding any ability to stack other Clouds such as Amazon S3 or Microsoft Azure, or sites like Wordpress.com or Blogger to this software?

give me an example of the above :) and we'll go from there. there's a million different ways etc.

PeterDrew
10-12-2019, 11:36 PM
Hi Pete,

My suggestion is to be able to add images if it can't do that already.
Thanks!!

Thanks Sue

CharlieB
10-13-2019, 12:50 AM
give me an example of the above :) and we'll go from there. there's a million different ways etc.

Peter, first I love how easy this software is to setup and use and how it adds your site to the Google Indexer. But there seems to be a lot of power to combine stacking to the cloud also. Just like you are stacking from one Google Site to another you could add S3, Azure and the Google Cloud into the mix. I guess we could kinda do that now by adding a link to them into our links.

I wanted to ask if adding the Contact Us, About Us, Terms and Privacy wouldn't help with Google Sites ranking also.

What are your thoughts on adding a Link Shortner?

ArchAngel7
10-13-2019, 12:07 PM
My spinning software puts in blank spaces to remove words versus replace. {at least|}

The software is seeing that as an error: One of your spins has a blank option!\n

Can you remove that as an error?

PeterDrew
10-13-2019, 03:08 PM
Peter, first I love how easy this software is to setup and use and how it adds your site to the Google Indexer. But there seems to be a lot of power to combine stacking to the cloud also. Just like you are stacking from one Google Site to another you could add S3, Azure and the Google Cloud into the mix. I guess we could kinda do that now by adding a link to them into our links.

I wanted to ask if adding the Contact Us, About Us, Terms and Privacy wouldn't help with Google Sites ranking also.

What are your thoughts on adding a Link Shortner?

you can add S3 links directly in the software..

I've seen some people "OVER USE" shortners etc.

eg. using a shortner for every single link, means, you have one page full of links from the same url.. which will increase the % in the google spam filter..

I do understand there are benefits to using shortners etc.. but these are over weighed by the spam penalties by over using them in one linking campaign.

rule of thumb for best linking.. replicate what other credible sites do with their links.

throw in some strong domains to link out to..

use a lot of text if you are going to use a lot of links.. there's a text to link ratio.. I don't know exactly what it is.. but 2 paragraphs and 500 links is certainly not what we are looking for.

PeterDrew
10-13-2019, 03:08 PM
My spinning software puts in blank spaces to remove words versus replace. {at least|}

The software is seeing that as an error: One of your spins has a blank option!\n

Can you remove that as an error?

I'll have a look into it..

thanks

goviral
10-15-2019, 05:07 PM
I'll have a look into it..

thanks

I'm getting same - I use Wordai and get this I think it's when I do paragraph spins. I stopped that and just do a straight spin and it doesn't give me the blank space.

PeterDrew
10-16-2019, 02:00 PM
See this link :)
https://petestrafficsuite.com/images/buttons/firstnew.png (https://petestrafficsuite.com/showthread.php?11422-YouTube-Embed-Update-Released-Now&goto=newpost) YouTube Embed Update Released Now (https://petestrafficsuite.com/showthread.php?11422-YouTube-Embed-Update-Released-Now)

lonniebizness
10-18-2019, 09:08 AM
Can you embed whole website as well other Google properties? Also can you add images from the software?

PeterDrew
10-18-2019, 02:15 PM
Can you embed whole website as well other Google properties? Also can you add images from the software?
not at this stage no.

adding images later if possible etc.

embedding other sites is not possible on Gsites etc.

cheers

ColWolfenden
10-18-2019, 02:17 PM

Regarding embedding whole sites. It's important to understand the purpose of the software which is indexing, it's not for anyone to view an embed of a website. We're leveraging google sites with content which includes links to get the links indexed.

NickC
10-21-2019, 08:33 PM
I would love to have the ability to bulk add gmail accounts. I have hundreds and would like to get them into the tool as easily as possible :-)

PeterDrew
10-21-2019, 11:51 PM
I would love to have the ability to bulk add gmail accounts. I have hundreds and would like to get them into the tool as easily as possible :-)

that's a tough one,

why?

because people buy them in all different formats..

some with or without phone numbers/recovery emails, sometimes the phone number is before the recovery email and some have neither etc.

Plus adds another level of complexity to the software that can put some people off using it etc.

but I get your point etc.. I'll have a think on it.

NickC
10-22-2019, 03:18 AM
that's a tough one,

why?

because people buy them in all different formats..

some with or without phone numbers/recovery emails, sometimes the phone number is before the recovery email and some have neither etc.

Plus adds another level of complexity to the software that can put some people off using it etc.

but I get your point etc.. I'll have a think on it.

Okay, thanks Peter.

Here is a free account format converter if that helps: https://buyaccs.com/services/AccountFormatConverter.zip

or other software I use would have a template csv and you would copy and paste into the template so the software always has the correct format.

jfkutzer
10-23-2019, 12:38 PM

I would also like to see this feature added...
I understand your concern about buying accounts in 'different formats' Perhaps, a standardized template for the required account items & the format to be accepted. With that we can ask the providers specifically for that information before purchasing accounts.

And a related request:
Understanding we need to login to the accounts in both gmail & the google developers console, can there be an 'account validation' button or something that confirms that the emails we enter are properly 'setup' (not the right word here, but it's close ;-) ) where we could verify the accounts before starting a run?

Thanks.

PeterDrew
11-11-2019, 12:51 PM
Okay, thanks Peter.

Here is a free account format converter if that helps: https://buyaccs.com/services/AccountFormatConverter.zip

or other software I use would have a template csv and you would copy and paste into the template so the software always has the correct format.

What you are suggesting is simple for a very small % of our user base, the rest of them would flood our support desk, trust me on this :) You have no idea.

We still get some people demanding immediate skype consultations on how to unzip our software on their mac. Nuff said :)

lonniebizness
12-31-2019, 07:24 AM
Can you create away to embed other Google properties like? Google Sheets, Docs, Slides ect

PeterDrew
01-07-2020, 11:32 AM
Can you create away to embed other Google properties like? Google Sheets, Docs, Slides ect

If you can supply the embed code for each of the above.. I'll see if we can make tokens to suit :)

jfkutzer
02-24-2020, 01:18 PM
Pete,
Here is a possible suggestion for an improvement:

Have the ability to add 'a lot of links', and have the software add a specified number of those links and cycle through the list of 'a lot of links'.

I want to submit multiple links to sitemaps for some pretty massive sites (nominally 10 to 20 sitemaps per folder per site, where the site might have 10 folders of articles to post. sitemap.html links to the rest of the sitemaps, and those sitemaps link to individual pages in batches of about 50,000 pages per sitemap (as sitemap1, sitemap2, etc).

In my simpleton way of viewing this we would provide a txt file of all the links, and in the software have a selection for the number of links on each site. The numbe of links on each site could be a range of 1 to 10, or an open field for any number. (Here I would default to your experience on what should be a maximum number of links for each googel indexer site.)

I have sitemaps in multiple formats available - .html with anchor text, .html as raw links, .txt, and .xml

I am also considering making .pdf's of all those files and posting them on the google sites.

Another possible variable is posting each link in the file multiple times, i.e. posting a 'set of links' from the txt file 1 to 10 times before cycling to the next set of links for 1 to 10 times.

With a limited number of google PVA accounts, this would appear to require the software to have a 'memory' of where in the txt file it left off the last time it was run. And, a way to reset that memory to a new file.

So if I had 10 google accounts and was posting 5 links per site 8 times, I would finish the 10 accounts with 1 set of 5 links completed, and the next set of 5 links posted 2 times. The next article would continue the cycle.

And, another dimension is to allow a list of multiple text files with spyntax articles to create more sites by cycling through the articles.

Obviously, this has the potential to become a MASSIVE undertaking, and I expect there needs to be some limits so we don't make google angry...

My objective here is to get as many of the pages indexed in google as quickly as possible from the massive sites I am building.

Any suggestions you have that would help accomplish this objective with google site indexer would certainly be appreciated...

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Jack Kutzer

PeterDrew
02-24-2020, 02:06 PM
Pete,
Here is a possible suggestion for an improvement:

Have the ability to add 'a lot of links', and have the software add a specified number of those links and cycle through the list of 'a lot of links'.

I want to submit multiple links to sitemaps for some pretty massive sites (nominally 10 to 20 sitemaps per folder per site, where the site might have 10 folders of articles to post. sitemap.html links to the rest of the sitemaps, and those sitemaps link to individual pages in batches of about 50,000 pages per sitemap (as sitemap1, sitemap2, etc).

In my simpleton way of viewing this we would provide a txt file of all the links, and in the software have a selection for the number of links on each site. The numbe of links on each site could be a range of 1 to 10, or an open field for any number. (Here I would default to your experience on what should be a maximum number of links for each googel indexer site.)

I have sitemaps in multiple formats available - .html with anchor text, .html as raw links, .txt, and .xml

I am also considering making .pdf's of all those files and posting them on the google sites.

Another possible variable is posting each link in the file multiple times, i.e. posting a 'set of links' from the txt file 1 to 10 times before cycling to the next set of links for 1 to 10 times.

With a limited number of google PVA accounts, this would appear to require the software to have a 'memory' of where in the txt file it left off the last time it was run. And, a way to reset that memory to a new file.

So if I had 10 google accounts and was posting 5 links per site 8 times, I would finish the 10 accounts with 1 set of 5 links completed, and the next set of 5 links posted 2 times. The next article would continue the cycle.

And, another dimension is to allow a list of multiple text files with spyntax articles to create more sites by cycling through the articles.

Obviously, this has the potential to become a MASSIVE undertaking, and I expect there needs to be some limits so we don't make google angry...

My objective here is to get as many of the pages indexed in google as quickly as possible from the massive sites I am building.

Any suggestions you have that would help accomplish this objective with google site indexer would certainly be appreciated...

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Jack Kutzer

Hey Jack

All that is entirely possible, though that would be another complete software in and of itself etc..

cheers
pete

jfkutzer
03-22-2020, 06:14 AM
Suggestion:
Add some type of progress information to the window.

Possibly a counter: "Account n of y in progress", where 'n' is a counter of the account being worked on, and 'y' is the total number of accounts in the current run.

Or, continuing list each account as it starts working, where each email account is listed in the window when it starts working, and the list continues until all accounts are completed. Each GSI run would start the list again.
Account 1
Account 2
Account 3
Account 4

Thanks.

Regards,
Jack

PeterDrew
03-25-2020, 12:56 PM
Suggestion:
Add some type of progress information to the window.

Possibly a counter: "Account n of y in progress", where 'n' is a counter of the account being worked on, and 'y' is the total number of accounts in the current run.

Or, continuing list each account as it starts working, where each email account is listed in the window when it starts working, and the list continues until all accounts are completed. Each GSI run would start the list again.
Account 1
Account 2
Account 3
Account 4

Thanks.

Regards,
Jack

Great idea Jack,

not sure it's possible, but will find out.

cheers

jfkutzer
04-02-2020, 01:48 AM
Suggestion --

Setup a way to group gmail accounts in the program.

Alternative, a way to save gmail acounts entered into the program, and subsequently load that saved file.

This would allow for a way to have a set of emails for each niche that can be loaded faster than loading one by one.

The account info is saved somewhere (I can't find it ;-( ) , so it may just be a way to replace the info where it is saved in the format it is saved.

Thanks...